INTERIM REPORT JANUARY – MARCH 2009
• The income after net financial items for the first quarter of 2009 amounted to SEK -115 (-122) million. The operating income for the first quarter amounted to SEK -110 (-110) million.
• On 11 March 2009 the Rottneros Group announced the sale of the operations at Rockhammar Mill to Korsnäs AB. The transaction was concluded and went into effect on 1 April 2009 when the purchase sum of SEK 145 million was paid. The sale will give rise to a capital gain in the second quarter of just over SEK 50 million and will result in a reduction of the group’s net debt and improve the short-term liquidity with around SEK 40 million.
• The weak market is putting strain on Rottneros’ liquidity and causing negative earnings growth. Rottneros is therefore continuing to negotiate with the company’s lenders to secure the liquidity requirement and for a respite in order to make the necessary changes to the operational and financial structure, which includes consideration of new issue of shares.
• On 16 April Rottneros announced a decision to wind up the operations at the Spanish mill, Rottneros Miranda S.A, which have reduced earnings with SEK 49 million by the first quarter of 2009. The operations and the company are being liquidated according to Spanish insolvency laws. As part of this process, Rottneros Miranda S.A. will cancel payments.
• The company will not be providing a forecast for the full year 2009.
ROTTNEROS IN BRIEF
Rottneros, with its origins in the 1600s, is a non-integrated, flexible supplier of customised, high-quality paper pulp. Through continuous product development, high delivery reliability, technical support and service, Rottneros is able to adapt to meet the high expectations of its customers.
Rottneros has a total production capacity of 535,000 tonnes of pulp per year produced at two mills in Sweden and one in Spain. Increasingly intensive product development work in line with customer demands will lead to higher and more stable profitability throughout an economic cycle.
(For full report see attached file.)